Saturday, July 4, 2009

Reflections from a big sister

As I update this blog each day, I have also been going through pictures thinking about my baby sister in that bed so far away. I thought I'd share a funny picture and story from my wedding last summer to give a little glimpse into this amazing spirit.

As anyone who has gotten married knows, you don't find out about a lot of the stories until you get the pictures back. When I was looking at the teasers our photographer posted, I came across the picture below:


I struggled to figure out who she was dancing with because the only people that wore tuxedos were the groomsmen, and this just didn't look like one of them. Turns out it was one of the waiters. I guess after several hours of a free-flowing open bar, Elena and some of my cousins grabbed waiters and made them dance. But I see that picture and think of the crazy, good-hearted, life-of-the-party woman my baby sister has grown into and it makes me smile. Ok - I admit, I am a little teary writing this. But then I remember the picture below from my polaroid guest book and I lighten up pretty quickly. Here is Elena and my cousins Meagan and Caitlin. I'm sure they'll all be thrilled to no end that I'm posting this for all the world to see.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting that fabulous picture:) I was also teary eyed but for a different reason. I can attest to the truth of your words about my baby cousin, Baby Elena is what we call her. She is a true free spirit who can find a party in even the most boring thing. I love you guys so much and my heart and prayers are with you guys. Please kiss Elena for me and tell her that I am looking forward to MANY more parties to come.

    Megan Davis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Megan,

    I was lucky enough to know Elena. We worked together at the title co. She was an amazing spirit and a joy to know. I am truly sorry for your loss. Elena will be missed terribly.
    Nicole Ross

    ReplyDelete